Wednesday, November 10, 2010

6 weeks left!

I can't believe I only have 6 weeks left in this semester, where does the time go? I really wish there were more hours in the day, mainly so I could get myself, my house, laundry, cleaning, etc. back on track.  I mean the last time I looked in the mirror I'm pretty sure I saw a uni-brow.  My house is a disaster but I really don't have time to focus on anything else except midterms, projects, and The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, that show just makes me feel so much better about myself so I choose to watch that instead of going to the gym, it works just the same. 


Its my guilty pleasure, don't judge, we all have one right?


So my classes that are sucking the life out of me I'm totally enjoying right now are Color Theory, Interior Decoration Introductory Studio, and AutoCAD.  I also took a 6-week long SketchUp class which is over, I could have used another month in that class.


I LOVE my color theory class, I could study color for another year, there is just so much to learn.


Hues, chroma, value, saturation, tints, shades, tones,.....who knew color could be so complex? My favorite part of this class is the color journal we make weekly entries in, the only thing I don't like is that I have to constantly tear pages out of all my beautiful design magazines to put in the journal. All of my Elle Decor's and House Beautiful's are getting ruined, oh well, least of my concerns these days. And according to my dramatic bf we "get a new magazine in the mail every day", so not true but can you ever have too many? Nope.


My IDIS class is a lot of fun, although I feel like there is SO much to learn it's a little overwhelming. The other night we learned how to figure out how much fabric we would need when ordering for custom-made drapes.  The formula is really geared towards someone who has an IQ over 140, but there was one thing that the instructor said that really stood out.


"Make sure you have a manufacturer that does all the measuring and installation for you".


Sounds like a plan to me.


My midterms are over and now it's on to my final projects. Here's a glimpse of what my house looked like when I was working on my IDIS midterm.




I work on the kitchen counter - looks ridiculous right?


Good thing I'm not cooking much these days.





Oh and my dining room table, that's my desk.  


My AutoCAD class is actually a breath of fresh air, for some reason I'm pretty good at computer classes, although it's only been 2 weeks, I'm sure I'll be eating those words soon.


Off to do some housework, and by that I mean putting the clean laundry back in the dryer to fluff it up instead of folding it, works every time.


Thank God for my favorite shade of red.

No comments:

Post a Comment